Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Week 5-Term Test One and the Review of computer history


We learned the computer history since the first week on. Therefore, I should review many things. From really early ages on, people use clay tablet, Abcauses, Hindu-Arabic number, and gears to record information. Later, the idea of computer started to appears: Zuse Z1, Atanosoff Berry, and programmable computers. More importantly, we should understand the computer theory: binary, Boolean logic, image and sound.
However, I found it difficult to convert binary numbers to decimal and the conversion of decimal to binary.
After lectures, I did more research and I figured an easier way to remember.

From binary to decimal:
11001=>1*2^4+1*2^3+0*2^2+0*2^1+1*2^0

From decimal to binary:
831/2 and keep divided by 2 until get the result of 1
If there is an reminder, write 1 from the right to the left, otherwise write 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment